11980 best questions for Pool pump
We've collected 11980 best questions in the «Pool pump» category so you can quickly find the answer to your question!
Those interested in the Pool pump category often ask the following questions:
❓ Pool pump wiring?
pool pump wiring in what regard? To hard wire or not to hard wire? My choice would be to NOT hardwire and look at other alternatives to conserving power such as changing the type of pump to a variable speed pump - less draw on your power whilst having the ability for capacity power when you need it for manual vacuuming.
❓ What pump to drain pool?
9 Best Sump Pumps to Drain Pools (Updated Reviews) 2021
- Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump…
- Homdox 1/2 HP Submersible Sump Pump 400W Dirty Clean Water Pump…
- Wayne WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump…
- Wayne WaterBUG Submersible Pump.
❓ What is a booster pump pool?
Every single swimming pool relies on some kind of pump… In essence, a pool booster pump is just like that main swimming pool pump, but a pool booster pump “boosts” the water pressure of your swimming pool, in comparison to the pump that your pool was previously using. This, in turn, boosts the water flow rate.
- When to backwash pool pump?
- When to add pool shock to pool pump?
- Can i use my pool pump to drain pool?
❓ Can pool pump run dry?
The pool pump can easily overheat if the water level is below the skimmer intake. Generally, when the water level is to low the pump can easily run dry and lose its prime.
- Can i drain my pool using the pool pump?
- Why is my pool pump not priming my pool?
- Can you repair a pool pump?
❓ What is pool pump cavitation?
Cavitation Defined: Cavitation is the formation and accumulation of bubbles around a pump impeller. This tends to form in liquids of any viscosity as they are being transported through and around a pump system. When each of these tiny bubbles collapses or bursts, it creates a high energy shock wave inside the liquid.
Video from Pool pump
We’ve collected for you several video answers to questions from the «Pool pump» category:
Video answer: How it works - swimming pool
Video answer: How does a heat pump work? - simplex pools
Video answer: How a swimming pool filter system works video
Video answer: How does a swimming pool work?
Top 11960 questions from Pool pump
We’ve collected for you 11960 similar questions from the «Pool pump» category:
Will intex pump fit coleman pool?
Additionally, can I use an Intex pump on a Coleman pool? Yes, it should work fine. Many of the Intex/Coleman brand items mix well together.
How to move pool heat pump?
- Large pool heat pumps can weigh 350 pounds and are best moved by palette jack. Two strong people can carry it with 2-2×4’s inserted through the palette, and another person to help steady it while moving. Heat pumps need to be kept upright at all times, and could be damaged if dropped.
Inground pool pump how many rpm?
The filtrations system can operate at low water flow with typical motor speeds around 1000 RPM or less depending on the size of your pool and how long you want to run the pump. Suction cleaners typically run at around 2200-2400 RPM.
Do i need a pool pump?
- Your pool will get most of its use during the day so really you need the pump running to keep the pool clean while it is being used and also for the chlorine to do its job properly. If you have solar heating that requires a water flow through it to absorb the heat of the sun then obviously running the pump only at night will not heat the pool ...
Is pool heat pump worth it?
Are pool heat pumps worth it? The short answer is yes! You will get far more use from your pool, when it's heated! As previously mentioned, electric heat pumps are a more efficient use of electricity as it transfers the warmth of the air into the water.
How to soundproof outdoor pool pump?
So, what can you do to soundproof your pool pump? Create a noise barrier between your pool's pump and the outside world. It's that simple. ... However, typically, this is what you would have to buy:
- Pool pump cover.
- A number of silicon mats.
- Acoustic foam padding.
- Fast fix glue.
- Some nails.
Should i grease pool pump oring?
Taking the time now to make sure everything is properly “winterized” will keep you from finding cracked or broken items come pool opening time. When you are closing your pool in the fall, it is a good time to lubricate the pump lid o-ring with a silicone-based lubricant.
Pool pump will not hold prime?
- Obstruction- One possible reason your pump may be losing its prime is an obstruction or blockage in a line. Debris blocking the suction strainer or foot valve is the most common cause. A blockage in the intake line can cause the water in the pump casing to overheat and literally boil out of the casing causing the pump to lose prime.
Pool pump keeps popping circuit breakers?
Your pool pump should be on a GFCI breaker if it was properly wired. What you have is a current leakage problem possibly due to moisture leakage getting into the windings of the motor. Rectify this problem before using the pool. If you don't have GFCI breakers protecting the pool pump and normal breakers are tripping you have a seriously dangerous situation. Get an electrician to look at it right away and don't let anyone in the pool. <<>> If this problem just started then there is something in motor causing it to draw more current. It is either an internal short in the windings of the motor or a bearing problem that is causing more current to flow. In a pool pump the impeller may be jammed causing the motor to draw more current. If the breaker trips immediately it is likely a short. If it takes a few seconds to trip it may be the impeller. If it runs for several seconds and is very noisy it is the bearings. In most pool pumps you can take them apart and fix bearing or impeller problems, but a winding short can't usually be repaired.
Pool pump leaks when turned off?
- If you turn off all of your pool equipment like the pumps and filters and you’re still leaking water, this could indicate that you have a pressure-side return leak. When the filter pump runs, the plumbing on the pressure side is under pressure.
Pool pump how does it work?
Pool pumps are a combination of an electric motor and a hydraulic “wet end”. The electrical energy is converted into mechanical movement when water is pushed through the rotating impeller. The “wet end”, aka hydraulic end, is where water channels into the pump before exiting to the filtration system.
Why does my pool pump smoke?
If your motor is smoking of cycling on and off, it is severly overheating… If this problem isn't corrected, it will burn out your motor's windings and cause it to fail. Note: A running motor that is too hot to touch is not necessarily overheating.
How to identify hayward pool pump?
Beginning with 'SP' followed by four numbers, sometimes ending with a suffix of numbers and letters, is how Hayward identifies most of their products. After you've found and copied down this number enter it into Inyo's "Keyword or Part #" search, the result will be the direct replacement for your pump motor.
How to prime your pool pump?
Steps to Prime Your Pool Pump
- Turn off the pump…
- Switch to recirculate…
- Release air…
- Clean out the pump basket…
- Fill the pump basket…
- Once the pump basket is filled and tightened, make sure the air release valve is open and turn the power to the pump on.
- Check the water flow to your pump.
Why won't my pool pump backwash?
- A sand filter is engineered quite differently, but I'm sure that a long period where the backwash is not working would be caused by or at least lead to it becoming completely clogged inside. You may also have a bad seal between the filter housings that is also allowing air into the system.
When should i run pool pump?
- Generally, you need to run the pool pumps for the time duration of eight hours daily during the summer season. On the other hand, during those winter days, you should be keeping the pool pump running for the time session of four hours each day.
What size hp pump for pool?
What you're looking for is a pump that will be able to pump all the water in your pool through the filter in no more than 8-10 hours. This typically looks likes 40 GPM (gallons per minute) for smaller pools and 80 GPM for larger pools.
What is recirculate on pool pump?
The recirculate setting on a swimming pool filter is actually used to bypass the filter mechanism. Recirculate allows the water to flow out of the pool and back into it again without running through the sand or diatomaceous earth in the filtration system.
What is sf on pool pump?
- Its one of the Hayward pool pumps brand line. So whats the difference? 1)The motor.The pump on top has a motor with a SF (service factor) of 1.65.You multiply the service factor times the HP (Horsepower)to get the rated HP of motor.1 x 1.65=1.65 actual horsepower.The lower pump has a SF of only 1
What is the quietest pool pump?
- Hayward SP270X10 1 HP MaxFlo Standard Efficient Single Speed Pool Pump…
- Blue Wave NE6183 Tidal Wave 2-Speed Replacement Pump…
- Pentair 342001 SuperFlo VS Variable Speed Pump…
- Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed High-Performance Pool Pump…
- Hayward SP2303VSP MaxFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump.
What happens if pool pump overheats?
So What's the Problem with Overheating? Additional heat generated over and above what the pump is designed for can, and most likely will, cause a pump failure. The thermal disconnect will shut your pump off—and remember: your pool pump is central and essential to your cleaning system.
What is waste on pool pump?
- The WASTE Position: The most common scenario in which you would use a multiport valve “Waste” setting is when lowering pool water levels. Waste diverts the water pumped in from your pool from the filter and sends it directly out of the backwash hose, without even entering the filter tank.
What causes swimming pool pump cavitation?
Basically the pool pump is moving the water faster than the pipes & equipment can handle. The pump is oversized, the pipes are to small, or something as not having the return jets installed can create cavitation. Cavitation in a pool pump looks like it isn't primed, having air in the canister.
How does a pool pump function?
Pool pumps are a combination of an electric motor and a hydraulic “wet end”. The electrical energy is converted into mechanical movement when water is pushed through the rotating impeller. The “wet end”, aka hydraulic end, is where water channels into the pump before exiting to the filtration system. FUN FACT!
Is a pool heat pump a pump also or does it require a pump?
A heat pump's name is a bit deceiving, it's just an appliance that heats water. You still need a normal pump and filter combination to move and filter the water.
Can you fill pool from well with the pool pump?
Technically its possible. Usually the pool pump is hooked up to a sump hole, to remove ground water from around the pool. Depending on the water analysis of your well water though it may or may not be worth using, depending on the required balancing products, and effect on your filter/liner, etc. please ask this question again if this does not answer your question. [email protected]
How long should you run pool pump after shocking pool?
Apply the shock at night time, as sunlight burns up chlorine and greatly reduces its effectiveness. Run your pump (at night) for at least 8 hours to ensure good distribution.
How to flush water out of pool with pool pump?
How to Drain A Pool with a Cartridge Filter
- Shut off the pump.
- Go to the back of the filter and unscrew the drain plug.
- Turn the pump back on and let the water run until it reaches the point where you want to drain the water out.
- Turn the pump back off and put the plug back into the drain plug.
How far should a pool pump be from the pool?
- pump height It should not make a difference if it is 4-6 feet above the pool. You might need a stronger pump but since you have not stated if it is an inground or above ground pool. If it is an inground pool, most likely th epump is powerful enough and it wont put much mor eof a strain on the motor.
How to size pool pump for your in-ground pool?
- How to Size a Pool Pump for Your In-Ground Pool Step 1. Your first step is to determine the number of gallons of water in your pool. The formulas for calculating the... Step 2. Determine the number of gallons of water in your round pool, measure the diameter of the pool and its average... Step 3. To ...
How to use a pool pump to empty a pool?
Shut off the pump. Go to the back of the filter and unscrew the drain plug. Turn the pump back on and let the water run until it reaches the point where you want to drain the water out. Turn the pump back off and put the plug back into the drain plug.
What is the difference between pool booster pump and circulation pump?
The circ pump is used to circulate the water thru the filter. The booster pump is for running the pool sweeper.
Can high pressure damage a pool pump?
Because of the air leak, more pressure has to be exerted to push dirty water through the filtration system. Over time, this will reduce the flow of clean water into the swimming pool… This can damage your equipment and especially your pump, which must contain water to work properly.
How loud should a pool pump be?
A typical swimming pool pump runs in the range of 65-90 decibels, almost as loud as riding in a subway car. Examine the pool pump impeller. To do this, turn off the filter, unplug the pump, and open the pump basket lid. Touch the impeller to see if it's clogged with debris or if it is wobbly.
How long should pool pump run daily?
- The average time for pumping. Generally, you need to run the pool pumps for the time duration of eight hours daily during the summer season. On the other hand, during those winter days, you should be keeping the pool pump running for the time session of four hours each day.
How long to run my pool pump?
- The general rule of thumb for how long to run a pool pump is 8 hours a day. But there are some other things to consider.
How many hours should pool pump run?
- Pump Timing. A pool pump should run for as long as necessary to circulate all of the water through the pump and filter system. This turnover rate varies based on pool size and the pump. Pumps can typically circulate all of the water within a 6 to 8 hour period; some pools require pumping for up to 12 hours.
Does pool pump need to be grounded?
Do I need to ground my pool pump? Insulated ground wire is required for grounding pumps. Making a mistake grounding and bonding a swimming pool pump can be deadly. Grounding enables faster circuit breaker action, and bonding ties conductive metal parts together so they have the same electrical potential.
Does a pool pump have neutral wire?
- It is that "flow" of electricity that provides power to devices like lights, vacuums and swimming pool pumps. In a standard electric wire, one wire is charged (or "hot") and the other is neutral. It is this difference in charge that provides power to devices.
How much is a new pool pump?
Pool pump installation costs between $700 and $1,500, or $1,100 on average. A single-speed pump can cost as low as $500 to replace, whereas a high-end pump or a project that requires new plumbing can run upwards of $5,450.
How to fix cracked swimming pool pump?
- Repair cracks in the pump housing by pressing putty into the crack a little at a time, building up several layers. Allow a small amount of putty to overflow the cracked area.
Do you run pool pump all time?
- Chemicals that you add to your pool while the water is circulating don't need to be recirculated; they will stay mixed even if you don't pump the water continually. Although it's generally recommended that all the pool water undergo filtration every 24 hours, the pump does not need to run all the time.
Where do you connect a pool pump?
- Place the pump and filter assembly on level ground next to the electric source…
- Connect the pump to the filter housing…
- Attach the hose from the filter's out spout to the pool's return port…
- Connect the hose from the skimmer to the filter's pump basket.
How do you use a pool pump?
- Pool pumps circulate water from the pool through the filter and back to the pool to remove debris and contaminants. The pool pump setup is usually located next to the filter in a concrete pit or recess below the water level of the pool so water flows by gravity into the pump.
How long does pool pump seal last?
- Most seal manufacturers say that operation of the seal at one of these limits will result in a minimum life span of two years; three years with some seal types such as those specified in Standard API 682. The published limits, while reliable for steady state operation, may be overstated or unreliable for cyclic operation.
How long do pool pump capacitors last?
Standard pool pump capacitors are only good for around 5000 starts before they go bad. That may seem like a lot of starts, but the get used up quite quickly. If you've had your pool for a while, it could be possible the capacitor is bad.
How to cover up a pool pump?
The simplest way to hide your pool pump and filter is to put up a small wall or screen to block the view, and the noise from the pump. If you are handy with wood, you can saw-up your own pool filter screen to hide the pool pump, or you can buy vinyl privacy walls at most home stores and garden centers.
How to clean a pool heat pump?
If algae or dirt is present on your coil, you can spray Simple Green on the coil, wait approximately 10 minutes, then wash it off. Always aim the hose nozzle at a 45° angle and spray into the fins, not side to side. Too much pressure will cause fins on the coil to bend and cause airflow restrictions.
How to clean mold in pool pump?
How to Get Rid of White Water Mold in a Biguanide Pool
- Clean the Filter. If there's white water mold in your pool, it's probably in your filter too…
- Balance the Water. The most important level to balance is the pH…
- Use an Oxidizer…
- Brush the Pool…
- Run the Pump…
- Brush the Pool Again…
- Vacuum the Pool…
- Clean the Filter Again.
Do affinity laws apply to pool pump?
The answer is all in the laws of physics – Pump Affinity Laws! Pump Affinity Laws are designed to govern the performance of your pump.