Top best answers to the question «How long does it take to walk after a broken ankle»
- Generally as rule you should be able to walk after 6 weeks from the date of injury.As a general rule body takes 6 weeks to heal after any injury.There after gradual improvement continues.In cases of any complications more time may be needed to recover.Best luck.Get well soon. I broke my ankle on the 31St of October.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How long does it take to walk after a broken ankle?» often ask the following questions:
❓ How long does it take to walk again after a broken ankle?
It can take a few more weeks before you're walking around normally again. It generally takes 6-10 weeks for a broken ankle to heal. Conditions like diabetes and nicotine use can slow the healing time significantly, potentially even doubling the amount of time it takes to heal from a broken ankle.
- How long to walk without crutches after broken ankle?
- How to walk after a broken ankle?
- How long until you can walk after a broken ankle?
❓ How long after a broken ankle can i walk?
It could be difficult to ascertain between an ankle break vs a sprain and in such cases an X-ray will be required to know for sure. How Long Is The Recovery Time For A Broken Ankle? The typical broken or fractured ankle recovery time can be entirely dependent on how serious the break is, but in most cases this can last between 6 to 12 weeks.
- How long to play basketball after broken ankle?
- How long does it take to walk after a fractured ankle?
- How long does it take to walk again after ankle surgery?
❓ How long after broken ankle surgery can i walk?
How long before you can walk on a broken ankle?
- Our standard protocol for ankle procedures are: Follow up to the office 5 to 7 days after surgery. Keep the postoperative dressing dry. 3 weeks in a fiberglass cast nonweightbearing. No weightbearing activities are allowed: no walking, standing, or balancing on the cast. 4-6 weeks in a boot walker.
- How long does it take to walk after a broken tibia?
- Can you walk on a broken ankle after 4 weeks?
- Will i be able to walk after a broken ankle?
2 other answers
Broken ankle recovery: one year later. November 12, 2016 / 36 Comments / in Health, Health & beauty /. by [email protected] Exactly one year ago today my doctor told me I was allowed to walk again following trimalleolar surgery. Those were the words I had waited 67 days to hear after breaking my ankle last September.
Physio seemed mildly horrified that I’d been out for an hour and a half earlier! I should build up sensibly - from five minutes to 10, to 15 and rest the ankle in between, still using ice and elevation to reduce the swelling. Apparently the break takes six weeks to mend but another six to be fully restored. So I’ve had to lower expectations.
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «How long does it take to walk after a broken ankle?» so you can surely find the answer!How long does it take to walk normally after a broken foot?
Healing: This injury normally takes 6 weeks to heal. Walking: You may walk on the foot as comfort allows but you may find it easier to walk on your heel in the early stages.After ankle surgery how long to walk?
Ankle Surgery. After undergoing a physical examination by a doctor, discussing your medical history, and having X-rays and possibly additional tests performed, your physician will determine whether you need ankle surgery. When the procedure takes place, the bone fragments of the ankle must be re-positioned into the appropriate alignment.How long does it take to walk after a broken tibia and fibula?
Recovery from a tibia-fibula fracture typically takes about three to six months. Your child may be able to heal faster by resting and not putting too much weight on their leg until the bone has healed.Can you walk on a broken ankle?
Many people assume that if you can put weight on the ankle then it isn't broken, however, it is possible to walk on a broken ankle, particularly with a less severe fracture. If you're concerned your ankle may be broken, we recommend contacting your doctor, who can conduct an examination or order and xray if necessary.How long after sprained ankle can i walk?
Stepping across the road in heels. Even the slightest misstep can cause a painful sprain that can linger for weeks, even months. No one wants to be off their feet for too long, especially athletes and fans of regular exercise. The question is, can you walk on a sprained ankle?Is it possible to walk on your own after a broken ankle?
- It’s the worst fracture you can get and the worst case my surgeon had seen in many years. And from that fateful day the only thing I wanted to know was when can I walk again. The short answer to that question is this: I was able to walk on my own 20 days after the doctor said I was allowed to walk.
Following more complicated fractures and/or those that required surgical intervention, an athlete might be able to return to competitive basketball within four to six months after the injury occurred.Can you still walk on a broken ankle?
Can you walk on a broken ankle?
- Depending on the bone that is broken, the different types of fractures, and whether it involves another soft tissue injury or sprained foot or ankle, you may be able to walk on a broken foot.
Can you walk on a broken ankle?
- It is usually very difficult to put weight on your fractured ankle and you should not put any weight on your broken ankle for the first few weeks at least (most commonly 6-8 weeks). Just walk with assitance and shifting weight to the good foot.
- Though your arthritic ankle joint has been fused in surgery, the other bones in your foot still bend a little. You should be able to walk and get around. After 10 to 12 weeks in a cast, your leg muscles usually feel weak and you may need a few months of exercise before your leg feels strong again.
It can take a full year for you to walk like you used to and get back to most of your activities. Eventually, you should be able to swim, hike, and bike. Avoid high-impact activities like running or contact sports, which can damage the new ankle. Most of the newer replacements last 10 years or more.How long until i can walk after ankle surgery?
- Formal physical therapy is started at 6 weeks and an ankle support is worn for walking until 12 weeks after surgery. "By ten to twelve weeks, most people no longer require a brace and can return to all their normal activities including participation in sports," says Dr. O’Malley.
Is it okay to walk on a sprained ankle? If you can avoid it, do not walk on a sprained ankle. If you suspect that you've sprained your ankle, try to get off it immediately and begin the R.I.C.E. regimen. Walking on a sprained ankle can make the injury worse. You've just suffered stretched or possibly torn ligaments in your ankle.How to walk after ankle fracture?
is it okay to walk around with an ankle fracture? Dr. Arnold Beresh answered 41 years experience Podiatry Not advisable: It would be best to elevate and keep pressure off the ankle unless you have been put into a walking brace or cast.How to walk after ankle surgery?
Heel-to-toe walking is another balance exercise that can be useful, and those where you stand on one leg can be made more challenging by adding back and side leg raises. “The injured joint ‘leads’ the movements,” advises tai chi instructor Chris Cinnamon, who used his training to recuperate after knee surgery.How long before you can walk after an ankle fracture?
I say it's around 71/2 weeks before you can walk again.
Can you walk on a broken ankle?
- Common impairments that you may need to work on after an ankle fracture include: You may initially be required to walk with an assistive device like a walker or crutches after breaking your ankle. Your physical therapist can help you choose the correct device.
- Yes: Yes, but it may depend how serious a fracture and swelling there is. People have been known to walk on ankle fractures, so just because you can walk on it, does not exclude fracture diagnosis. Hope that helps.
Typically, a minor ankle fracture won't prevent you from walking. You might even be able to walk right after the injury. If you have a serious break, you'll need to avoid walking for a few months. As your ankle gets better, you can slowly return to normal activities. Know more about it here.What happens if you walk with a broken ankle?
Simple Missteps: Sometimes, twisting or rotating your ankle during a walk can result in a broken bone. Even putting your foot down wrong may cause a fractured ankle. Car Crash: The impact of a car accident may cause dislocations, which require surgical repair.