Bookkeeper and Tennis Administrator wanted for Highgate Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club (part-time role 20 hours + per week, £18 per hr)
Highgate Cricket and Lawn Tennis Club is a thriving, member-run club in Crouch End, North London. We are looking for additional administrative support. Initially this will be on a six-month probation period. It is envisaged this will become a permanent role following successful completion of this probation period. The club uses a cloud-based club management […]
Highgate Cricket and Lawn Tennis Club is a thriving, member-run club in Crouch End, North London. We are looking for additional administrative support. Initially this will be on a six-month probation period. It is envisaged this will become a permanent role following successful completion of this probation period.
The club uses a cloud-based club management system, Xero for its accounting, and google workspace. We have an active website and social media presence.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The club is seeking a highly organised and self-motivated person to provide administrative and bookkeeping support to its tennis, cricket, finance and other activities.
The individual needs to be self-motivated, and have some knowledge and / or passion for tennis, cricket or similar sports. The hours are flexible though the working pattern may vary from week to week. The candidate will be home-based but there will be some attendance required at the club.
To provide administrative and bookkeeping support to the tennis and cricket sections:
- To act as the first point of contact for general enquiries about the club and its membership and coaching activities
- To assist the club treasurer with the production of monthly financial updates, statements and accounts
- Administrating term-time course bookings and memberships
- Maintain the on-line court schedule
- Manage the club’s membership subscriptions.
- Administration of holiday camps
- Assist with club communications using Campaign Monitor, and maintain up to date website content
- To support the committee volunteers with ad-hoc administrative assistance as required.
The successful candidate will be given training in the club management system and WordPress.
- Excellent organisational and ability to prioritise work using own initiative.
- Good record keeping skills – attention to detail and accuracy.
- Previous bookkeeping experience and knowledge of basic double entry
- Knowledge of cloud-based accounting packages (eg Xero)
- Sound knowledge of Google workspace (G-Suite).
- Some experience of club management, membership and / or online booking systems would be very useful.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with Club Officers & Staff, Coaches, Members, and the general public.
- Pro-active and self-motivated to work to a high standard using your own initiative and to manage your own workload effectively.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and different working styles.
Salary £18 per hour.
The initial contract will be a PAYE contract for 6 months. This will be extended following successful completion of this probationary period.
4 weeks annual leave pro rata.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted to Johan de Silva by email at [email protected] and should contain your CV and a covering letter as to why you think you are suitable for the role.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 10th December 2022.
First stage interviews will be held week commencing Monday 12th December 2022.
The position is available immediately.