Top best answers to the question «3 miles takes how long to walk»
How Long Does It Take To Walk Three Miles?
- A 12-hour shift, whether it was day or evening, will produce a median of 4 miles of walking.
- An average individual will walk practically, 2.6 to 3.3 miles per hour.
- Dogs which are nicely exercised before their meal will be more prone to relax and digest after their meal.
- For a fast walker, it will be easier to finish a mile...
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «3 miles takes how long to walk?» often ask the following questions:
❓ How long it takes to walk 0.2 miles?
So it would take you approximately 6 minutes and 52 seconds to walk . 16 miles at the average speed of 1.4mph. It depends.
- How long it takes to walk 30 miles?
- How long it takes to walk 3.4 miles?
- How long it takes to walk 40 miles?
❓ How long it takes to walk 13 miles?
The average person walks about 3 miles per hour, you can walk up to 4 miles per hour at a brisk pace (speed walking). Is 7 miles a day good? But there did seem to be an antidote: People who walked more than 15,000 steps per day—about 7 to 8 miles—or spent more than 7 hours a day standing had the lowest risk factors for heart disease ...
❓ How long it takes to walk 1.5 miles?
- At a brisk walking pace of 3 mph (4.8 kph), you’ll walk 1.5 miles in 30 minutes (2.4 km). At 4 mph, you’ll go 2 miles (3.2 km). That’s a good distance that will work up a sweat, but not so far that it’s unattainable for most experienced walkers!
2 other answers
If you have not been walking much, at best, you can only sustain a 3 hour walk at probably 2 mph. That takes you to only 6 miles. So 4.5 hours total. Are you so free or so dedicated as to spend that time daily just
A brisk pace, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is 3 mph or faster. Assuming you consistently kept up this pace for the entire 26 miles, you would finish in eight hours and 40 minutes. Very fit walkers
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «3 miles takes how long to walk?» so you can surely find the answer!5 miles how long to walk?
How Long Does It Take To Hike A Few Miles? How Many Miles A Flat Hike Takes A Gradual Hike Takes 5 miles 1 hr 35 mins 2 hrs 6 miles 2 hrs 2 hrs 25 mins 7 miles 2 hrs 15 mins 2 hrs 50 mins 8 miles 2 hrs 35 mins 3 hrs 15 mins . Is 5 miles a lot to hike? Somewhere in the 5-Mile Range Is a Good Starting Point There’s no one single rule for ...How long is 8 miles walk?
How fast should you walk for fitness and weight loss?
- An average person walks at a speed of about 2½ to 3 miles an hour (about 20 minutes a mile). To lose weight and get fit you should aim to walk at 3½ to 4 miles an hour (15 minutes a mile).
Since an answer to this question would require knowing how long a stride the “stepper” has, and we do not have that length, then this question can not be answered.How long to walk 0.9 miles?
around 17 minutesIt is 0.9 miles in length and should take around 17 minutes. How long to walk 1000 miles?
So 1,000 miles, assuming same pace, will take 60–70 days. If you are faster than the average person and you need less sleep, you can finish faster than that.How long to walk 13 miles?
depends on how fast you walk.. 5 hrs at just under 3 MPH, a good walking pace.
it is 24.14 kilometers walk
What is the average time to walk a mile?
- Average speed (kilometers/hour): 1.36
- Average speed (mi/hour): 3.04
- Average mile time (minutes): 19 minutes,43 seconds
62 hours and 0 minutesTo calculate how long it would take to walk one hundred eighty-six miles, we used the average speed of miles per hour (mph) we can walk. How long to walk 3 miles?
45 minutes to an hour
5K to 10K
How long does it take you to walk a mile?
- Fast: 11 minutes per mile. Moderate: 15 minutes per mile. Easy: 20 minutes per mile. Going by that scale, this is about how long it takes to walk a mile plus some other common distances at a moderate pace: MILE.
- At this rate, you can complete five miles in about one hour and 26 minutes. If you increase your pace to four and a half miles per hour, you can complete five miles in just over an hour. At this pace, a 125-pound person will burn 300 calories and a 185-pound person will burn 444 calories per hour.
- The walk over the Hudson is about 3 miles roundtrip, with lots to stop and view or read the informative little signs. You can speedwalk if you like, but my friend and I took two and one quarter hours. over a year ago
With this in mind, by all means, work up to long, 10-mile walks. However, consider adding core, balance, and weight training for a complete fitness program. Walking 10 miles takes a substantial amount of time and does not provide the full range of stimuli needed for comprehensive fitness adaptations.Is 3 miles a long walk?
On average it takes 1 hour to walk 3 miles. That is unless you're walking at a leisurely pace or taking your time. The average person can walk 3 miles in an hour… If you weigh significantly more than the average person, then it will take longer for you to complete three miles because you are carrying more weight.Is 7 miles a long walk?
Reasonable Walking Distances
Data gathered at walking events suggests that you can probably walk 5 to 7 miles if you are a healthy person without diabetes, heart disease, or orthopedic problems. That is approximately 9 to 11 kilometers or a walk of about two hours at a steady pace.
Walking 8 miles a day burns hundreds of calories. In some people, this much walking may even burn more than 1,000 calories. According to Harvard Health Publishing, walking for weight loss depends on the distance you walk and your body weight. Depending on your body weight, you can burn up to 85-135 calories per mile.How long it takes to walk around the equator?
As Jake Williams says, at the equator, about 1000 days. From here in Dublin, Ireland, it would be quicker because the circumference is smaller at 53 deg N, at 24,000 km, it would take just 600 days. Quicker still would be to walk around the world up near the North Pole (or South Pole), you could do it with just a few steps :-) 1.6K viewsHow long it takes to walk the brooklyn bridge?
- It’s about a 1.3 mile walk one way. You’ll be able to cross the bridge on a bike in less than 15 minutes, but it isn’t recommended for visitors — more on that later. Pedestrian and bike lanes on the Brooklyn Bridge | Mike Norton via Flickr. There are two lanes in the pedestrian pathway of the Brooklyn Bridge.
It would probably take between 15 to 30 minutes depending on how fast you walk and foot traffic. over a year ago.How long is 1000 miles to walk?
- How long would it take to walk 1000 miles? The average human walking speed is 3.1 miles per hour. It would take 322.58 hours or 13 days, 10 hours, and 35 minutes to walk 1000 miles without stops.
Here are some figures for different walking paces:
|Miles||Relaxed Pace||Normal Pace|
|12 miles||4 hrs||3 hrs|
|13 miles||4 hrs, 20 mins||3 hrs, 15 mins|
|14 miles||4 hrs, 40 mins||3 hrs, 30 mins|
|15 miles||5 hrs||3 hrs, 45 mins|
Best Answer. Copy. It all depends on your speed age and level of fitness Theaverage human walks at 3mph, 25 miles /3 mph = 8.33 hours. Wiki User. 2009-06-06 12:21:44. This answer is:How long to walk 368 million miles?